Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

+7
Qiverkill
Molarr
Voltstriker
Jimieus
M4NGO
XiSTNZ
SoV Admin
11 posters

Appeal: 2nd Server Settings

Poll

What do you like ?

[ 8 ]
    Appeal:  2nd Server Settings - Page 2 I_vote_lcap73%Appeal:  2nd Server Settings - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [73%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Appeal:  2nd Server Settings - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Appeal:  2nd Server Settings - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [27%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

Appeal:  2nd Server Settings - Page 2 Empty Re: Appeal: 2nd Server Settings

Post  Molarr Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 pm

In regards to scrim practice server. I think that when it is required the server can be taken down. I don't think that it will matter to the public because we will be offering something different than what is out there. All that is required is times so it can be arranged. Impromptu times will also be available as someone with acsess is around 90% of the time.

So you're for pubs over the scrim team, that is all very well in a perfect world but how often are we going to bring the server down to see the training maps once a week? twice? what if a person misses training? Does the person have to hunt for a canal or firestorm sever on their own and will there be other scrim members there to help them learn/train for the scrim?

Are we serious about the scrimming or does server pop really matter that much to the HC?

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

It was purchased with the intent of taking it down when needed so that the scrim team can train and we don't empty the main server. It was never planned to make it a dedicated training server.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm

It was purchased with the intent of taking it down when needed so that the scrim team can train and we don't empty the main server. It was never planned to make it a dedicated training server.

So pubs don't want to play on training maps?

edit* Anyway was just an idea of making the scrim team better and thought this was the best way. Still want a poll on this not just the 2 bogus options above.
    Secretsinspace
    Secretsinspace
    Cheif Warrant Officer 4
    Cheif Warrant Officer 4

Post  Secretsinspace Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:08 pm

a poll including these options would be good, as i can see a majority of people do agree with the maps rotating each week for scrims. also if your intending on getting another server then i don't see the problem with having it rotating the maps each week for scrims anyways? its not like it will be shut off to the public, just there will be 2/3 different maps each week...i'm pretty sure pubs wouldn't mind as i'm sure some look for certain maps in rotation when they play anyways.

Appeal:  2nd Server Settings - Page 2 Empty 2nd Server Settings

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:25 am

Hi all

The main problem I see with having this server changing every week for the scrim team is that we will start splitting the clan up. Scrim people on one server and the rest on the other. I would not like to see this happen.

I joined this clan because it promoted good clan relations.

Cher

Shayne Stalker Twisted Evil
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:12 am

Hey guys. This has gotten a bit out of hand.

Just to CLARIFY....

32p server:
    -Having a map rotation of metro + caspian softcore.
    -Change the server for scrim practice ONLY on the scrim training night.
    Secretsinspace
    Secretsinspace
    Cheif Warrant Officer 4
    Cheif Warrant Officer 4

Post  Secretsinspace Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:13 am

its not about splitting the clan up we literally get most people who are on to practice aswell. infact, within the next 2-4 months there will be yet another team that will use that server for training aswell.

I guess i could always just request the ability to change maps on procon so if the squad leaders want to run through one round of one map and then switch it back to whatevers decided, then no ones having a whinge. so get onto that slato, muchly appreciated.

because me and jimmy usually go over the map tactics in a server, then get joel or mo in to go over it and then stalker before our training days so they can walk their squad through.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:52 am

Just to CLARIFY....

32p server:
    -Having a map rotation of metro + caspian softcore.
    -Change the server for scrim practice ONLY on the scrim training night.

Im sorry crusader but these 2 options don't cut it, scrim training needs more then this. Is anyone listening to the Scrim HC here?

because me and jimmy usually go over the map tactics in a server, then get joel or mo in to go over it and then stalker before our training days so they can walk their squad through

^ this, can't do it if it's stuck on metro and hardcore to boot.

The main problem I see with having this server changing every week for the scrim team is that we will start splitting the clan up. Scrim people on one server and the rest on the other. I would not like to see this happen

We are splitting the clan with 2 servers anyway stalker. If we had the training maps up maybe with a metro thrown in we can get more members of the clan to join the scrimming fun, and therefore strengthing the clan not spiliting it.

Edit* On a side note where is this new poll surely there is enough interest for a setting other then the two crusader proposed.

Edit** Did the poll myself here https://sonsofvalour.forumotion.com/t1121-32-player-take-2#12937

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am