Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

Sons of Valour Charter

Sons of Valour Charter Empty Sons of Valour Charter

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Sons of Valour Charter Sovimg

Sons of Valour Charter

Sons of Valour Gaming Community Charter hereby set forth on this date 14/12/2011 by the members of the Sons of Valour High Council declares this document to be Clan Law.

Sons of Valour is a community gaming group that is committed to providing a fun and friendly environment in which all people can socialize and enjoy themselves in a fantastic atmosphere. The core idea behind SoV is the respect and honor that we have for each other. Weather we be black, white, young or old we all share a common interest, gaming. We further support this interest by having our own servers dedicated to Battlefield: 3 which provides our members and the general public an excellent server where they can compete against each other. Our members are not exclusively dedicated to this one game but are also active participants in a number of other games, styles and platforms. Sons of Valour prides itself on the integrity of which the clan is held together and as such the following rules were created to keep the well being and enjoyment of the clan alive.

Revision C (06/01/12)

Article 1 - Clan Behavior and Operations

a) Members will maintain a high standard of pride in the clan, especially when participating in scrims.

b) Respect other members and their opinions and views.
    i) This also includes members of affiliate clans.

c) Respect guests and visitors.

d) Conducts ourselves with valour, honor and integrity.

e) Differences in opinion are to be expressed in a sensible manner.

f) All members have the right to have their voice heard.

g) Members can bring to attention any matter they perceive to be negative to SoV. This includes:
    i) Members.
    ii) High Council Members.
    iii) Server Admins
    iv) Operation of the Clan.
    v) Servers and Forums.

f) All members have the right to an investigation by the High Council if they feel another member is being offensive or negative toward them.

g) All members, regardless of position or rank will be subject to disciplinary action in the event of a breach of any rules contained within this charter.

h) Breaches of Server Rules and Clan Rules are subject to disciplinary action by the High Council.
    i) Ignorance is not an excuse.

i) Misuse of Game Server Administration Permissions will result in action being taken according to the Server Admin Disciplinary Action Procedure.

j) All players, general public included, on the Game Server(s) has the right to appeal any ban issued against them.

k) All clan members MUST wear clan tags (SoV) in SoV servers at all times.
    i) When a member is playing on another server or another game then clan tags are not compulsory.

l) Members must respect the opinion of other members.

m) Members are subject to ALL Server Rules.

n) Members MUST be active via:
    i) Clan Forums.
    ii) Ventrilo Server.
    NOTE: Playing in game is not counted as being active

o) Members who are inactive for a period of more than 90 days will not be counted as Active. This does not mean the member is removed but is classed as an Inactive member.
    i) Members who inform SoV of their absence are immune to such classification.

p) Multiple clans are NOT allowed for members.
    i) Exemptions made for games we don't play (eg COD).

Article 2 - Clan Voting

a) The members of the clan will have a right to vote on issues or changes that effect the can as a whole.

b) High Council members will only vote on small matters that do not concern more than a few members.
    i) All High Council Members, regardless of position, will have an equal vote on all issues.
    ii) In the event that a tie is reached the vote will be put to the members.

c) The High Council may at any time veto any issue or action provided that a majority vote is reached on the council.
    d) The election of members to the High Council is decided by the High Council and Clan Members.
    i) High Council Members and Clan Members have an equal vote.

Article 3 - Clan Roles & Responsibilities

a) All members are responsible for recruitment into the clan. This includes:
    i) Internal Recruitment - In-game
    ii) External Recruitment - Other Forums, Blogs and social media
    iii) This is not meant to be taken as members MUST recruit but are encouraged too.

c) All High Council Members will be responsible for the operation of clan as a whole and its moderation.

d) All High Council Members will have equal moderation permissions with the exception of the founder account (Root Admin).

e) Game Server Administrators must abide by the Warn -> Kick -> Ban protocol.
    i) Hacker are exempt from this protocol.

f) All GSA's MUST take a PunkBuster Screen Shot prior to banning the offending player.

Article 4 - Clan Applications

a) Clan Membership Applications are to be approved only by High Council Members and must be based on:
    i) Amount of Members who approve of the applying person
    ii) Consideration of their personality via Ventrilo or in game activity.
    iii) Consideration of past offenses.
    iv) Past Clans.

c) Regardless of relationship to members within the clan, players must post an application.

b) Applicants who are deemed to be unsuitable for clan membership will not be able to re-apply.
    i) Applicants who list themselves as having hacked in a game are automatically denied.

Article 5 - Suspension/Removal From The Clan

a) If a member breaches ANY of the rules set in this charter then they will be subject to the following:
    i) Members will receive 3 warnings before removal/suspension.
    ii) Members who are found guilty of Hacking will be immediately removed from the clan.
    iii) Members and Former Members have the right to appeal any action taken.

Article 6 - Donations

a) All donations are to maintain SoV Servers ONLY. Funding for other activities must have separate funding.

b) Donations are non-refundable.

Article 7 - Amendments to the Charter

a) Members may request or suggest a change or amendment to the Charter.

b) All changes/amendments must be approved by the High Council.

C) The Sons of Valour Charter is subject to change at ANY time.

d) The High Council is required to provide 48 hours notice to any changes to the Charter.
    i) Common Sense Rules require no notice.

This Charter is NOT a guide but the Code Of Conduct that all members, regardless of rank, title or level in the clan must abide by. Failure to comply with these rules will result in action being taken at the decision of the High Council.

High Council Signatories of the Charter:

Holy Enforcer (Head of Treasury)
    SlatoSniper (Head Server Administrator)
    SWStalker (Head of Recruitment & Advertising)

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm