Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

3 posters

Random PC Crashes for BF3

Th3_Nark
    Th3_Nark
    Corporal
    Corporal

Scrim Training Medal

Random PC Crashes for BF3 Empty Random PC Crashes for BF3

Post  Th3_Nark Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:41 am

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share what I did that seems to have fixed all the random PC crashes I use to have.

I'm running SLI'd GTX560s and after looking around it online it looks like alot of people have been having the same kinda issue.

What I've done to sort it is the following:

Right click BF3 Shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Tick: Disable desktop composition

Or a better way

Right click BF3 Shortcut > Find Target > Right click BF3.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Tick: Disable desktop composition

and

-Press start
    -Click "all programs"
    -Click "accessories"
    -RIGHT click "command prompt" and click "Run As Admin"
    -Type in the command windows "bcdedit /set increaseUserVa 3072" as always without the "
    -Reboot

After doing these 2 things I have yet to have BF3 make my PC crash and reboot or even the game CTD.

Hope thing helps if ya having this issue.
    afroisafroisafro
    Private
    Private

Random PC Crashes for BF3 Empty Re: Random PC Crashes for BF3

Post  afroisafroisafro Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 am

Sir, you are a champ. I actually work for EA customer support and stumbled upon your fix after struggling for half an hour with a customer doing other technical trouble shooting steps. Tried this, low and behold, it works. I am kind of curious as to what it actually does though. Could you explain it to me? If so I may be able to let other agents use the fix.
    efedinthebutt
    efedinthebutt
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post  efedinthebutt Wed May 09, 2012 11:07 am

im not too sure how active th3_nark is so i'll try explain it.
    desktop composition is how vista and later versions of windows draw, unlike xp they don't draw directly to the screen when this is activated. Instead of drawing straight to the display device they draw to graphics memory which then renders the image onto the display device. this stops graphical tearing but i believe it would also swamp video memory.

the "bcdedit /set increaseUserVa 3072"
    is for windows 32 bit users. By default the maximum memory 32 but allows the user to access of its max 4GB is 2GB, allotting 2GB for users and 2GB for system. this command changes the memory partition for the user to 3GB.
    Bf3 at one point has taken over 3GB of my 8GB so i'm assuming that lack of available memory makes battlefield lock up and crash.

if there was any part that you didn't understand send me a message and ill try to explain it more clearly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content