Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

2 posters

PROCON please read

finjonz
    finjonz
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Donator Citation

PROCON please read Empty PROCON please read

Post  finjonz Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:21 am

Dont use Procon please. when it loads it crashes the sever. sever was up 6hrs i loaded procon and it crashed within 5 mins.
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

PROCON please read Empty Re: PROCON please read

Post  SoV Admin Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:59 am

http://battlefield3community.com/f80/bf3-server-crashing-procon-admin-tool-1145/

Lets try to keep off procon unless we actually need to use it.

EG ban haxor.

Post  Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:01 pm

PRoCon is ALWAYS running because we have a layer. Turning on your client does nothing because you are connecting to the layer not the server itself.

USER-PC -> PRoCon Layer -> Game Server

I've being doing the rounds on all the reputable forums and there are people saying it crashes it and people saying it doesn't. It hasn't been confirmed by Phogue yet and they have released a new version of PRoCon today, 1.1.1.0 -> 1.1.1.1. (To update click on "Tools" in the top right and click "Check for Updates")

Some people have had their server's running for over 2 days with NO crashes whatsoever. Whilst others have the same issue as us.

Like Zaeed put it:
    Procon simply sends the commands to the server, and not much else.. If this causes crashes, then its probably due to an unstable server release.
    And another person:
    I don't even have ProCon and my server crashes after every map rotation as well, so there's another issue.

@Crusader. Note that that post you linked is dated "27/10/11" the day that the actual game was released in the Oceanic Region. There have been PRoCon and Server updates since then.

EDIT:

Hypernia Update:

Some of the crashes do cause the CP to not restart the server automatically. These crashes usually cause the CP monitor on game machine to think that it did restart for so reason.

Until EA/DICE get the crashes fixed, there really isn't anything that we can do. Several other GSPs are reporting to EA/DICE that they have numerous servers that crash every 10 or 15 minutes, in a few cases, every 4 to 5 minutes.
    The SubUser has been updated so you guys can restart the server if it happens again.
    finjonz
    finjonz
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Donator Citation

Post  finjonz Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:35 pm

very well but i jumped on today after sever had been up for almost 7hrs loaded procon joined and then with in 5 mins crash.

Post  Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:55 pm

I've updated the server now. Hopefully it will fix server crashing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:02 pm