Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

3 posters

Clan Members - Greater Powers

Clan Members - Greater Powers Empty Clan Members - Greater Powers

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:38 pm

I know this is going to sound like me being the whiny, clan newbie bitch that i probably am but there are an awful lot of people who like to tk on the server and I'm wondering if its possible too do one of two things.

Firstly enable SoV members to kick Tkers (not ban) but have it capped so we can't be power hungry and kick everyone, say 3 kicks a match or something. I've noticed some people Tking, getting kicked, then returning and the cycle starts over again.

The second thing is have a thread on the forum for blatant Tkers then have one of you higher ups review it and make a decision based on our reports.

I know the admins try to get on as much as you can but there are times when people take advantage of the lack of god like figure behind the "Server" tag and exploit this situation. It just doesn't seem right that they should get away with this. Anyway thats enough from me, aka whiny clan newbie bitch.

Virtus filius - Sons of Valour
    Mary Poppins
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

Clan Members - Greater Powers Empty Re: Clan Members - Greater Powers

Post  Mary Poppins Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:53 pm

You have a point there matey.

If I see that it is becoming more of a problem, I will allow all SoV members to do yell commands and kick. I will be able to see who has kicked who in the logs each day, so I will be able to see if they are being power hungry.

If this happens, you will be given ingame which will require you to type in a command which will be posted when the Tking becomes to much.

In the mean time, if you see anyone that is doing it on purpose, send me or Crusader a PM with the details.

Either one of us will deal with it.
    Note: I don't kick accidental TKl's, Although there is a 3 TK warning in place. They do come back.

I have given some players I trust with kick privileges, but like us, they are not on all the time.

Anonamalous
    Anonamalous
    Sergeant Major of the Army
    Sergeant Major of the Army

Game Server Administrator Citation
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  Anonamalous Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:56 pm

+1 This would be a good fix to this problem, there could also be a 3 strikes your out policy? if that is possible to setup within the console. there is a server on TF2 that has a 4 strikes your banned for 60 mins, each time you kill someone, that person has a chance to "Smite" you, Which adds a strike, or forgive you. if you get "Smited" 4 times you get banned for 60 mins, however with BC2, you could (if possible) setup a system where if they get kicked for the same reason 3 times in one day they get a XX hour ban.

-Krypt
    Mary Poppins
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

Post  Mary Poppins Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Yes, I can set up a system that players who TK and get kicked, will banned until the we deem the player be unbanned.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:29 pm

I like your thinking Krypt

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:53 pm

On another note. Are we allowed to kick players who abuse the base rape system. Not the attacker but say someone (Recon for instance) is sitting in their base with a nice field of fire over the other team and is getting plenty of kills, and the other team can't attack because they know darn well that they will get killed and then ultimately kicked.
    Mary Poppins
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

Post  Mary Poppins Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Yes, you can. I will allow it.

Mainly for the fact it fucking pisses me off that they won't attack.

Simple rule: If they stay in there for too long camping, kick with the reason "Attack You Newb" or something similar.
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 am

No. I disagree with this. We dont want all SoVs access to server controls.

Its too much , too messy. Hence the point of having trusted admins.

I will install BC2cc again so i can help with the server.

But: We need to have a set rule based system. ( my proposed idea. 3 strikes system )

Strike 1: Disruptive players get a warning. ( tking accidentally needs to be forgiven though ) People suspected of hacking get a pbss taken.
    Strike 2: Disruptive players get a kick. Hackers get ban if guilty.
    Strike 3: Disruptive players get banned ( temp or permanent decided by server admins ) * player may have to go through unban process.

I think members should be allowed to use the server yell function, as to warn players when they are breaking the rules.

If the disruptive player doesnt stop, then take note of the disruptive player and an admin will deal with them.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 am

I have to argree with crus too many people admining the server it because a nightmare of who banned or not as well if the kick a people some other clan memb for petty reasons ie a grudge of something admin return mess that they have to clean up. plus overpromoting people can leads to assholes. Im assume yelling is warning which fine for memb to have. But I would rather a asshole on the server for a few hours than asshole it the clan for a few days.
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:14 am

Crawler is head admin of the game server.

He will have to clear this one.

But imo, my vote is for the 3 strikes system.
    SoV members will be able to use the Yell tool in game. * help to keep people in line.
    Players that fail to follow the rules & fail to listen. SoV members & community members can report them here, in the ban request section.

Easy peezy.
    Mary Poppins
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

Post  Mary Poppins Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:54 am

As players join the server, I will give them yelling rights and say rights, so it will seem like an admin is on BC2CC (messages come up as "Server: blah")

3 strike system sounds like a fair deal and I will start enforcing it.

If members start mis-using the yelling right and so on, I will see in the logs and remove that members' rights.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 am

Seems fair enough to me Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:28 am