Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

+5
Machete Metal
Anonamalous
Hyrodsan
SoV Admin
Voltstriker
9 posters

I reckon we could do better than these guys

Voltstriker
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Game Server Administrator Citation
    Scrim Training Medal

I reckon we could do better than these guys Empty I reckon we could do better than these guys

Post  Voltstriker Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:23 am

SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

I reckon we could do better than these guys Empty Re: I reckon we could do better than these guys

Post  SoV Admin Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 am

Way better imo.

Those guys cant even shoot straight !
    Voltstriker
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

I reckon we could do better than these guys Empty Re: I reckon we could do better than these guys

Post  Voltstriker Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 am

Crusader-NZ wrote:Way better imo.

What i think we should do is create a video like this of us assaulting a map and send it in to machinima. We would get publicity, recruits, maybe even set us up for a sponsorship with someone...
    Hyrodsan
    Hyrodsan
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Hyrodsan Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:35 am

Voltstriker wrote:

What i think we should do is create a video like this of us assaulting a map and send it in to machinima. We would get publicity, recruits, maybe even set us up for a sponsorship with someone...

Hmm, if that's what you want, I can help video edit using Sony Vegas, but of course we will need people frapsing themselves playing with sound on as well as vent chatter. I'm sure we can make a good bf3 entertainment/skill video showcasing the clan but it will be hard to get sponsorship until we get a ton of good publicity Wink

Last edited by Hyrodsan on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 am

That video is made on console....
    Voltstriker
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Voltstriker Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:23 am

yes i know slato but what i said still stands, if we can get publicity then there is a possibility of more members and then eventually (hopefully) in the future sponsorship for more servers etc
    Anonamalous
    Anonamalous
    Sergeant Major of the Army

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Anonamalous Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:28 am

That would be good for a second recruitment video. If we can get the other one done first, then release this one. We get people hooked by the first, get them interested by the 2nd. should work... at least i think so
    Machete Metal
    Machete Metal
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  Machete Metal Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:09 pm

i second this lmao
    Hyrodsan
    Hyrodsan
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Hyrodsan Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 pm

So yep. If any of the SoV leadership wants to give the thumbs up on this, perhaps we can give this a go. I think it will be really fun as a clan project. Right now I have a lot of free hours so I can commit a lot of time to video editing. The only thing I don't know how to do is creating an animated logo for the clan.
    Anonamalous
    Anonamalous

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Anonamalous Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

check the forum "clan video" we kinda already have a project like this running.
    XiSTNZ
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  XiSTNZ Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah, i put my hand up for video recording, i was already planning on making a video part way inbetween this one and dracaels promo vid.
    Only problem is i need to get my second HDD working, for some reason my pc isnt recognising it. once that is done and i get sony vegas, i will have 1TB dedicated to SoV vids and gameplay.

SO yeah.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

You will need the recorder too be the editor because for a project such as that you will need lots of data transfer and counter transfer.
    iSenior
    iSenior
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  iSenior Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:00 am

workin on one atm, will post when its finished. pirat
    Th3_Nark
    Th3_Nark
    Corporal
    Corporal

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Th3_Nark Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 am

I can do some frapsin' if needed.
    Just don't know how I'll get the footage to you guys though, I'd have to render it and then send it but it would still be getting close to a gig I would say depending on how much footage there is.
    Voltstriker
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Voltstriker Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:11 am

Thats the problem though isnt it nark. The person who is going to be doing the editing has to somehow get the footage from everyone. Personally I think there are two options here:

1. The editor (whoever that is) will have to actually record the footage themselves.

2. People take their own footage and somehow mail it to the editor.

If everyone were to take footage and upload it for the editor then it wouldn't be very effective as the editor would have to download everyones footage, chewing up their data limit (not to mention the time it would take to download everyones footage).

So yeah... theres my 2c
    iSenior
    iSenior
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  iSenior Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 am

can i ask its full screen recordings, so we can see the player names!! vent and other music can be striped out. The raw fraps files are huge, and u need the quality so dont try make it smaller!!!
    Dracael
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  Dracael Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:33 am

Most video editing software (well the good ones anyway) can re-render and compress a FRAPS vid to a decent managable size without lowering resolution. for example, that crappy "promo" vid i made was only 47meg (.avi) after completion and that was using VideoPad editor (very basic). Admittedly i paid little attention to resolutions and that when cutting and splicing, and the DICE vids i used as resource were somewhat compressed to start with, but overall the quality wasn't that bad in my opinion. The right codec also makes a huge difference.
    XiSTNZ
    XiSTNZ
    Admin
    Admin

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  XiSTNZ Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:10 am

you could always zip the video to then upload. reduces size dramatically.
    Dracael
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  Dracael Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 am

Would depend on how invested you all are in the idea too. Personally speaking, i grab a copy of any Epic vid i see you guy's post, bugger the DL size (ref to; XiSTNZ's "secrets V's chopper" clip and Slato's "Pirate Night" vid, ect...)
    Hyrodsan
    Hyrodsan
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Hyrodsan Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Hopefully to clear things up:

1) Fraps raw footage (with or without game/vent noise), the file will be quite large
    2) Use Windows Movie Maker to reduce the size drastically
    3) Load the raw footage into Sony Vegas and edit as you wish. Sound can also be edited out or toyed with if necessary

I recommend that each person who is frapsing raw footage lower the size of their raw footage using step 2 before sending it in to the video editor (using filefront). It makes things much easier.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm