Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Similar topics

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

+4
NZ_Vixon9
striken2o
drzdeano
Golden
8 posters

FINALLY I WILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY")

Golden
    Golden
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

FINALLY I WILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY") Empty FINALLY I WILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY")

Post  Golden Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:19 pm

yes by august i should have well enough for my new pc which my happy coz i can finally play bf3 with you all and show off my mad skills.....lol

if your interest in the parts here they are:
    Coolmaster storm enforcer 99$

intel core i5 2500k 215$

Sapphire radeon 6870 1gb

Western Digital Green 2TB 129$

ASUS P8Z68-M PRO motherboard 129$

Coolermaster GX 650W PSU 95$

Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 59$

all together cost is 897$

drzdeano
    drzdeano
    Command Sergeant Major
    Command Sergeant Major

Donator Citation

FINALLY I WILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY") Empty Re: FINALLY I WILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY")

Post  drzdeano Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm

what about the new led flatscreen?

dont tell me you are going to run the new gear on some crappy crt moniter!!!
    Golden
    Golden
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Golden Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:10 am

nah i already got a 24inch led screen 1080p 60z
    striken2o
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation

Post  striken2o Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm

60hz.....
    120hz is where it's at !

eagerly awaiting your arrival to the battlefield cheers
    Golden
    Golden
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Golden Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:46 pm

lol im deciding between my 6year wait for gw2 or battlefield 3....hmmmmm
    NZ_Vixon9
    NZ_Vixon9
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  NZ_Vixon9 Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 am

Cool, you know by August the money you are saving will be enough to get a i7...
    Machete Metal
    Machete Metal
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  Machete Metal Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 am

dont need i7 really, i run i5 and never have problems
    phallex
    phallex
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post  phallex Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:40 am

damn i need a 120hz monitor... have a 12" 60hz atm and its terrible.
    drzdeano
    drzdeano
    Command Sergeant Major
    Command Sergeant Major

Donator Citation

Post  drzdeano Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 am

just hook it up to ur tv ...
    phallex
    phallex
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post  phallex Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:17 am

haha my eyes will explode sitting 12 inches away from a 42" lcd!
    Etherate
    Etherate
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Etherate Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:25 am

i hope you dont plan on using the 2TB Green drive as your system drive because its terribly slow. Also Ivy bridge cpu's come out at the end of april, so by the time your ready to buy there will be something better than the 2500k cpu and z68 chipset mobo you've chosen.
    efedinthebutt
    efedinthebutt
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post  efedinthebutt Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 am

Etherate wrote:i hope you dont plan on using the 2TB Green drive as your system drive because its terribly slow. Also Ivy bridge cpu's come out at the end of april, so by the time your ready to buy there will be something better than the 2500k cpu and z68 chipset mobo you've chosen.
    Everything you've said is true, however a 2500k and z68 will not be a limiting factor when running bf3, sure if ivy bridge is cheaper go for it if not stick with sandy. also that 2TB drive can be sped up to beyond normal using a small ssd and using intel smart response (uses the ssd as a cache for the hdd and speeds everything up) or just change to a dual 1TB drives running in raid 0.
    Etherate
    Etherate
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Etherate Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:58 am

efedinthea wrote:
    Etherate wrote:i hope you dont plan on using the 2TB Green drive as your system drive because its terribly slow. Also Ivy bridge cpu's come out at the end of april, so by the time your ready to buy there will be something better than the 2500k cpu and z68 chipset mobo you've chosen.
    Everything you've said is true, however a 2500k and z68 will not be a limiting factor when running bf3, sure if ivy bridge is cheaper go for it if not stick with sandy.

I'm caught in this pickle now...

I really want to upgrade my PC to run bf3 better, currently rocking a 3-4yr old E8400, 4GB, 6870 system. Takes ages to load into maps, and maps like caspian, karkand, wake are almost unplayable on 64p servers. Almost came very close to caving today and buying a i5 2500k system...but i didnt because it would probably be a waste when i can just wait a few weeks and for the same price get an ivy bridge cpu that'll be a tiny bit faster, cooler and use less power. And yep a SSD will make a world of difference, particularly with load times
    drzdeano
    drzdeano
    Command Sergeant Major
    Command Sergeant Major

Donator Citation

Post  drzdeano Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 pm

You might be able to get away with either vid/RAM upgrade and a SSD.

Apparently SSD's dont make shit all difference to ingame play,(only loading) as its the vid/cpu that holds you back.

Or could you turn graphics down?
    Etherate
    Etherate
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Etherate Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 pm

ive played around with it a bit this arvo...

My mate uses the same video card and he can run bf3 well on high settings with his i5. I'm almost certain its my cpu holding me back, using "render.perfoverlayvisible 1" in game to see a graph of cpu vs gpu... and my cpu is spiking like mad. From what ive heard, bf3 uses 3 cores?

Anyway ive lowered all the video settings down to Low, no AA or AF, no occlusion or blur. I've also just overclocked my cpu from 3ghz to 3.6ghz (stress testing it now) hopefully this helps a little.

I did think about upgrading the video card now, but i doubt i would see the full benefit with my cpu bottlenecking it. Don't think a ram upgrade will help bf3, but i do want a SSD... i just can't be bothered having to reinstall windows and everything now, and then having to do it again soon after when i do upgrade lol

hmm maybe i could find a cheap stop-gap cpu for a few weeks... anyway wanna sell me a Q9400, Q9450, Q9500, Q9650 cheap? lol Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:51 pm