Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

+3
striken2o
Molarr
Fashbinder
7 posters

New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion

Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion Empty New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 am

Basically address the fact that capture points are also 'spawn' in some maps and the cap out (getting all points as there's no X deployment.) is the objective.

Softcore Learning Fun Server
    It will come down to the softcore server admins spamming 'Plz dont' or accepting the fact that 'cap out' is a mechanic.

This problem doesn't really occur in non-insta spawn.
    Keep asset camping rule.
    May be worth re-considering the instant spawn feature, keep the title but ballance it, mabey 60 seconds. Some of these karkland maps are insane and I dont like tank whoring.

Hardcore
    Remove all 'rules' outside that of courtesy and TK.
    There's no problem, obstacle or grievance that cant be resolved ingame by players aside from TK.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Game Server Administrator Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal

New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion Empty Re: New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion

Post  Molarr Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 am

Insta vehicle spawn has been the go with our servers since BFBC2, while it does encourage vehilce whoring and seeing the tank you just killed come straight back to wreck your face is annoying its nothing you can't overcome. Go else where to get your non insta spawn, nothing is forcing you to play on our servers.

TLDR- less QQ moar pewpew
    striken2o
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Donator Citation

New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion Empty Re: New Maps require new rules- HC and SC discussion

Post  striken2o Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:54 am

i don't see what the problem is, both servers are populated.
    if it ain't broke, don't fix it
    Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:46 am

I have no problem winning every game for my team, going 50/1 and my stats demonstrate that.

As suspected you missed the point of the thread.
    SoV has rules relating to 'base rape', in karkland base = capture point.

The purpose of this thread was to address that issue and I made suggestions.

Molarr wrote:
    TLDR- less QQ moar pewpew

Reading the title for +1
    striken2o
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  striken2o Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:55 am

if they have no base, how is it base rape.... ?

once it's capped they have to rely on squad members to spawn off, it's not like they suddenly start parachuting in from TV station and we all sit around shooting them out of the sky
    Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 am

striken2o wrote:if they have no base, how is it base rape.... ?

Im not sure if you're trolling or not.
    striken2o
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  striken2o Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 am

Fashbinder wrote:
    striken2o wrote:if they have no base, how is it base rape.... ?

Im not sure if you're trolling or not.

i'm not sure if you are, tell me which one of the points in karkand is an uncap for the US ?
    i'm not sure what your agenda is but its a game mechanic for the map that the US have no uncap

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 am

It will be tough one to do but common sense would say that attacking a carrier is base rape. Eg Golf of Oman, Carrier and Airfield are uncaps...

Keep in mind that eventually the other maps will be incorporated in the rotation. People will get sick of just B2K after a while.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 pm

I have no problem winning every game for my team, going 50/1 and my stats demonstrate that.

Well done want a cookie?

common sense

Is what is need, why create all these new rules for a few maps, in which if a person thinks a little the solution is apparent.

oh and if you read the rest of my first post fash you will see i addressed your idea. So +1 for quote mining

Last edited by Molarr on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:26 pm

If people want a rule change.

Create a poll.

Give both options ( a yes & a no)

If it appears that the majority want a change, we will discuss it in the council chambers.

Ok.
    Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Molarr wrote:Well done want a cookie?

Sure, i'll teach you how to do it in return.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Sure, i'll teach you how to do it in return

Oh i know hop in a tank/lav/heli and whore it, not my playstyle infantry man through and through
    M4NGO
    M4NGO
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  M4NGO Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

This thread might be going slightly off topic.

I recon we should keep the same rules.
    Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:11 pm

M4NGO wrote:This thread might be going slightly off topic.

I recon we should keep the same rules.

#1. Agreed
    #2. using tv station as an example. there are 2-3 places a tank gains elevation and left clicks, destroying the chopper and killing those inside. A second later, it respawns and the tank left clicks and kills two inside. Repeats.

This is different to classic bf3 maps due to uncap protection and lack of base turrets on some maps.
    This is percieved as 'unfun' for new players (perhaps those who cant see the tank/dont know how to doj etc)
    The dillema is it's essentially spawn camping but its also a key objective unlike uncap.
    The current sov rules are inplace to curb -unfun behaviour.
    This could be classed as -unfun behaviour.

The purpose of this thread was to discuss the above scenario and the 3-4 others i can think of that are similar so admins can take a stance before complaining starts. Alas, i was trolled.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 pm

striken2o wrote:i don't see what the problem is, both servers are populated.

+1
    Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm

SlatoSniper wrote:
    striken2o wrote:i don't see what the problem is, both servers are populated.

+1

Until someone exploits it and people get mad and leave. Trying to be proactive.
    Voltstriker
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Voltstriker Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Fashbinder wrote:using tv station as an example. there are 2-3 places a tank gains elevation and left clicks, destroying the chopper and killing those inside. A second later, it respawns and the tank left clicks and kills two inside. Repeats.

Then its up to server admins to stop this as it isnt fair.
    Squizzy326
    Squizzy326
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  Squizzy326 Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:16 pm

I agree with Volt.. re the server admins being proactive..
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Until someone exploits it and people get mad and leave. Trying to be proactive

But then it will be broke and we will fix it, so maybe we play the game till we do get mad, and if you find an exploit don't do it and ruin what i think is a very good server that most clan members enjoy.

I assume from your 'argument' about the greens in a previous forum post your against regulation and as in your politcial philosphy same applys to good BF3 servers the more rules the less enjoyable.
    Fashbinder
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  Fashbinder Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Squizzy326 wrote:I agree with Volt.. re the server admins being proactive..

Proactive = doing something before it happens.
    Reactive = after.

Not an admin on all the time.
    People may be unsure if allowed or not.
    Admin A may see it and do something, then the next day admin B may do something differently.

+1 to volt for the first post expressing an opinion on topic.

+0.5 to squiz for second.

@mo Yes, more rules are bad for competitive bf3. SoV softcore server: more rules = fun/fairplay for casual gamers. Thats the servers purpose, and its why i made the thread so rules could be made to protect the casual gamer and clear up any confusion 'later on when you get mad'

Anyone care to suggest a solution?

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Fashbinder wrote:Not an admin on all the time.

If it were possible in PRoCon, like it was for BFBC2, then we could have enabled spawn protection. EG: Player fires into a protected zone and kills someone, thus are slayed automatically.

Even though the rules are there it doesn't mean that everyone is going to follow them. If no admin is online and someone is raping the uncap then there isn't a whole lot that can be done about it no matter what rules are in place. Like Squiz said, its up to the Server Admins to be proactive and deal with offending player when something does happen. As BF3 evolves then it chances are spawn protection will be implemented but until then not much can be done unless someone wants to stare at PRoCon 24/7.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Proactive = doing something before it happens.
    Reactive = after.

So removing isnta spawn = proactive?

Not an admin on all the time.
    People may be unsure if allowed or not.
    Admin A may see it and do something, then the next day admin B may do something differently

All admins agreed on a set of rules for all situations to minimise what you just said. In particualry spawn camping only applys to an uncap, if it isnt an uncap it doesn't count as spawn camping

It will come down to the softcore server admins spamming 'Plz dont' or accepting the fact that 'cap out' is a mechanic.

To cap everything is the aim and no admin will punish the attacking team for capping everything, In regards to insta spawn stopping a 'cap out' i highly doubt it. Noob teams will find a way to lose regardless of server settings.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:11 am