Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

3 posters

minny has the worst luck in the world!

minnykiller92
    minnykiller92
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

minny has the worst luck in the world! Empty minny has the worst luck in the world!

Post  minnykiller92 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:48 pm

soooo guys today i finaly went out to get a new cpu... as in the new cpu i have been saying i will get in a week or two for the last year or two Razz anny ways i picked up my AMD phenome ii X4 955 and 2gb of shiny new ram and gesss what, although the asus website said my mobo could handel the 995 aparently it cant and i then googled it and every one is saying "i can only get 800mhz out of it' (instead of the propper 3.2ghz) ... so now i am sad as i must get a new mobo and ram to use my new cpu Razz ... and i have one thing to say about that... in the words of ray william johnson... BALLS!
    Mary Poppins
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

minny has the worst luck in the world! Empty Re: minny has the worst luck in the world!

Post  Mary Poppins Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Ahh bummer man. It pays to look at the socket of the CPU and your mobo. Also, you would need DDR3 RAM for that CPU cause I use to have that CPU. Was pretty decent I must say, could overclock it to 4.2Ghz using AMD Overdrive.

But yea, it pays to actually look at the specs of your hardware to see if they are compatiable.
    minnykiller92
    minnykiller92
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

minny has the worst luck in the world! Empty Re: minny has the worst luck in the world!

Post  minnykiller92 Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:23 am

dont get me wrong they plug in and work and all but for some reason it is only showing up as 800mhz instead of 3.2ghz... and yes i have got all the functions like cool and quiet off Smile just bummed because the mobos manufactures website said it was all good Razz ahh well... dont suppose you or any one elce knows who sells republic of gamers mobos ? ... think i may as well get one of them as i have picked up another few days work next week .. yay for getting paid $200 a day to put up fences Razz
    Mary Poppins
    Mary Poppins
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5
    Cheif Warrant Officer 5

Post  Mary Poppins Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 am

If you are looking for good mobo's, buy Gigabyte ones. They are generally a bit more expensive but they are alot cooler and more stable.
    minnykiller92
    minnykiller92
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  minnykiller92 Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 am

sounds like a plan :] wasent sure if gigabyte were any good Razz might pick one up from MSY next week then
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:24 am

hmm you should have got a new sandy bridge I7 CPU & a GTX 570.
    minnykiller92
    minnykiller92
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  minnykiller92 Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:39 am

yeh, the only problem is the mobo i have is a ASUS M2N sil delux wich is an AM2, AM2+ mobo so i could only run the AMD cpu yeh? i know the AMD phenom i got is an AM3 chip but the Asus website said if i flashed the bios to version 5001 (which i did) the mobo should support the cpu... it didnt... but that dosent matter any more as whats done is done....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 pm