Sons of Valour - www.sonsofvalour.net

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sons of Valour has moved to a new forum located @ http://www.sonsofvalour.net

Please register on this new forum and notify an admin of your registration upon joining our teamspeak server so you can be assigned your appropriate forum permissions.

Regards,
[SoV] Management

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have changed forums: http://www.sonsofvalour.net

BF3 #1

BF3 #2

BF3 Server #3

Teamspeak

+8
Secretsinspace
Th3_Nark
Sirocco
striken2o
SoV Admin
timojaywee
Jimieus
Holy_Evangelist
12 posters

SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings.

Holy_Evangelist
    Holy_Evangelist
    High Council
    High Council

Game Server Administrator Citation
    High Council Citation
    Donator Citation
    Scrim Training Medal

SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings. Empty SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings.

Post  Holy_Evangelist Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:32 am

OK ppl, the server will go back to the original name, and original settings for the time being.seeing as it would seem that the new name and settings has caused the ranking to drop even further. I think there are a few factors to consider when trying to figure out why our server ranking has dropped suddenly since christmas, but this thread is to find out what the clan wants, and also what the clan thinks we need to do to regain the popularity.
    This is an open floor ppl so discuss away. Public opinions are also welcome.
    Jimieus
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Distinguished Conduct Medal - Designing Forums Skin
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Participation Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings. Empty Re: SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings.

Post  Jimieus Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah - lets talk giving the server a makeover!

I think the key here is to do something original. Copying other servers won't work - thats why people go there in the first place and now have their loyalties there. Also, the settings we have our server on normally helps no one - its not hardcore, its not softcore, its not anything close to any ladder - Its what we picked to kill people easily and I (and possibly many others) are done with it. Instant vehicles is fun at first - but may not be suited to BF3 (Oman anyone?).

I, personally, believe we should have a server on the GA ladder settings (minus tk'ing) with 64 on the conquest small sizes. Call it something like - AUS & NZ | GA Ladder Settings | 64 on 32

That way we offer settings that are useful to know and not offered by anyone else, and we have good action by lots of players in smaller space (works better for when server is low too).

My 2c Smile
    timojaywee
    timojaywee
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings. Empty Re: SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings.

Post  timojaywee Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:50 am

yeah ill come out and say it, sometimes i really Really REALLY hate playing on our sever Due too:

Incredible SoV side stacking, which always results in us absolutely raping the other team.
    Usually this happens for half a round then we realize what we are doing.
    public players will never be able to fend of a team who is working together with comms AND who can just naturally work together due to extensive teamplay as it is from bc2..

A sense of admin abuse and admin attitude towards public, I'm not accusing anyone of this! but if you keep an open mind about what I'm going to say you will understand.

Admins telling people not to shoot out of spawn, when quite clearly we can not effing spawn because apc is in our spawn, so of course we will find a corner and mortar until rape-age is over. (this particular event resulted in 5+ players leaving server which, including myself).

these 2 things have given us a bad name and generally people dont like entering a server when its all clanners.. the only people i see joining now are noobs. up untill 30+ players then some higher ranking and more hardcore players join.

And another thing! it really pisses me off when I'm in vent and all i hear is. "holy, can you kick that bloke from your squad?"
    "whos admin, can you switch me teams?"
    "theres no room can someone kick someone" (when ever I get kicked from servers for no reason, I never go back eff that.)

I agree, its our server we paid for it and we can do whatever we want with it..
    But its a friken public server if we are worrried about people joining and what the ranking is look at how its used and abused. its not run as a public server, public players don't have fun, and the only way I know that, is because majority of the time I come on, I don't have fun either.. and its because of the reasons I stated above.

if we want to team stack and be all hardcore players and whatever buy another server, password it and give the password to other clans only.. and that can be our hardcore, teamstack, whatever we want server"

Post  Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Jimieus wrote:I, personally, believe we should have a server on the GA ladder settings (minus tk'ing) with 64 on the conquest small sizes. Call it something like - AUS & NZ | GA Ladder Settings | 64 on 32

Don't particularly want to reiterate what I said in the other thread (Was in a very bad mood at the time) about GA settings. Whilst it will help us prepare for scrims, practically no one else will see the appeal. Game Arena already have servers with their settings so why should be copy theirs. As you said Jimmy
    I think the key here is to do something original. Copying other servers won't work

With that in mind

One of the most common comments I hear on the server is "Why is my health at 60%". Reason being is that because its HC health and HUD is turned on they are able too see it. I think we should either go full soft core or full hardcore and not stick anywhere in the middle.

Also people don't play on an empty server or near empty. Doesn't matter what setup we have, if its empty then no one will use it. Looking at it this minute 6/64.

To give you all an idea of what settings we can play with:
    Vars are % and number values.

vars.ServerName ""
    admin.password
    vars.gamePassword
    vars.maxPlayers 64
    vars.idleTimeout
    vars.idleBanRounds
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount
    vars.roundRestartPlayerCount
    vars.autoBalance
    vars.friendlyFire
    vars.regenerateHealth
    vars.killCam
    vars.miniMap
    vars.hud
    vars.crossHair
    vars.3dSpotting
    vars.miniMapSpotting
    vars.nameTag
    vars.3pCam
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed
    vars.vehicleSpawnDelay
    vars.soldierHealth
    vars.playerRespawnTime
    vars.playerManDownTime
    vars.bulletDamage
    vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn
    vars.gameModeCounter
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Some useful ideas / feedback here.

-AU instead of Aust.
    -Use ALL capitals instead of mix or lowercase.
    -1000 - 1500 tickets is popular.
    -Prevent SoV side stacking.
    -No admin abuse at all. This should not have to even be mentioned.
    -No Grand Bazzar (its not popular)
    -64p RUSH (only 1-2 servers out there for AU right now. One of them lags like a motherfucker)

Other potentially good ideas...
    -Themed server. EG

AU & NZ ISLAND MAPS ONLY (KHARG + WAKE 24/7) 1500 Tickets
    AU & NZ | 1000 TICKETS | 64p RUSH
    **** AU & NZ | 64 RUSH | 24/7 ****

Unfortunately the good old days of standard server settings is fading. People like to spam it up with metro.
    I myself have been playing a bit of metro. Mainly because I like 64p games.
    striken2o
    striken2o
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Donator Citation

Post  striken2o Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:38 pm

you want traffic ?
    64 player conquest infantry only with instant spawn on squad leader only

metro is popular because it's infantry only and everyone is concentrated into such a small space, some variety with the open maps and infantry only will definitely bring alot of people
    SoV Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  SoV Admin Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 pm

What about:

AU & NZ INFANTRY ONLY MADNESS 1500 TICKETS 24/7 !!!!!!
    SYDNEY { POPULAR MAPS | INFANTRY ONLY | 1000 TICKETS }
    Sirocco
    Sirocco
    Corporal
    Corporal

Donator Citation

Post  Sirocco Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:48 am

I have to agree with Secrets
    yeah ill come out and say it, sometimes i really Really REALLY hate playing on our sever Due too:

Incredible SoV side stacking, which always results in us absolutely raping the other team.
    Usually this happens for half a round then we realize what we are doing.
    public players will never be able to fend of a team who is working together with comms AND who can just naturally work together due to extensive teamplay as it is from bc2..

I was on the losing side a couple of times the other night and it was not fun at all to be playing singularly against well coordinated squads who were making a big deal on vent that they were winning and could easily kill us time after time. I felt like cannon fodder as I'm sure others did too. Not a good result, it turns people away.

Hence I started looking around and playing on other servers.

For noobs like me, and not everyone who joins is an ace, we need servers where we can find out what weapons do what, which weapons are best for what maps and strategies for those weapons, and we need the time to really learn the maps without getting killed all the time. Where the good sniping positions are for different choke points when there's no other choice, what kits work where and when, time to learn to fly well without continually being shot down cause someone owns the airspace the whole round, etc.

Playing with Vent and in a squad with good comms is great, and when I have with SOV, it works and it is a lot of fun, and that reason is why I have continued to play, but the sides always need to be balanced to make it fair.

There's my 2c worth. Hope it helps.

Th3_Nark
    Th3_Nark
    Corporal
    Corporal

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Th3_Nark Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 am

I don't know how popular this idea will be, but maybe losing the tags while in the server apart from maybe Admins?
    People cry like crazy about how SoV is on the same side, but it doesn't seem to matter if its balanced or not, if one side is getting dominated they usually still cry about it (noobs mostly) and it just scares people off seeing all these SoVs up the top constantly.

I would say going softcore settings/normal, 1000-1500 tickets, and a rotation of about 5 maps would be alright, even though I hear you guys say people love metro, ALOT of people don't love metro due to the fact that on packed servers it turns into a boring spawn, run at a choke, get killed, get rez'd and die again kind of map.

I'd say a good rotation might be:
    Metro (maybe)
    Fire Storm
    Wake Island
    Sharqi Pen.
    Karg Island
    Karkand
    Caspian (maybe)

I use to always search for 1000+ tickets and the maps with everything (Jets + Helis).
    Secretsinspace
    Secretsinspace
    Cheif Warrant Officer 4
    Cheif Warrant Officer 4

Post  Secretsinspace Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 am

^^ that was tim :B

anyways i agree with the sov stacking
    also we have auto balance on now (not sure if that will help immensely,we'll see)
    a few things:
    turn off cross hair (important cause its gay)
    turn off ammo
    have tk off since i guess its hard for some people and easier to play with it off
    no 3rd person vehicles
    possibly 100% health?

we can't be running around with custom server settings because its not going to help
    us at all when it comes to scrims or if we go on another clan server.
    Softcore or hardcore pick one, everything goes (mostly)

In BC we were pretty known as a hardcore clan besides that one time we accepted a softcore scrim cough cough but i can't really say we are a hardcore clan anymore with these baby settings

i know we didn't have 3rd person view turned off but we had all the rest and we were
    fine, i'm not sure what happened. and our stacking never was this bad and we use to all
    have a really great time, and as shippsy said its not all that fun playing on our server anymore
    and some peoples attitudes on vent are terrible when there are SoVs vs SoVs.

As far as GA settings go, how about we move scrim training to 2-3 times a week and use the GA
    rules (this way we can get use to tking on aswell)

make polls write all your ideas but i want this to be sorted by atleast Wednesday
    because past discussions have been dragged out longer than they should.
    HC make this happen, k thanks.

SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings. Empty My two cents

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 am

Hey all

All these ideas are great.

Here's mine

vars.ServerName "" LEAVE AS IS - EVERYONE KNOWS US
    admin.password - NA
    vars.gamePassword - NA
    vars.maxPlayers 64 - 64
    vars.idleTimeout - NO
    vars.idleBanRounds - NO
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount - AS IS
    vars.roundRestartPlayerCount - AS IS
    vars.autoBalance - ON
    vars.friendlyFire - ON
    vars.regenerateHealth - OFF
    vars.killCam - OFF
    vars.miniMap - ON
    vars.hud - ON
    vars.crossHair - OFF
    vars.3dSpotting - OFF
    vars.miniMapSpotting - ON
    vars.nameTag - ON
    vars.3pCam - OFF
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed - AS IS
    vars.vehicleSpawnDelay - 15sec so ther players can get vehicle
    vars.soldierHealth - AS IS
    vars.playerRespawnTime - AS IS
    vars.playerManDownTime - AS IS
    vars.bulletDamage - AS IS
    vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn - OFF
    vars.gameModeCounter - 1000 tickets too long - keep 600

Other ISSUES

Team Stacking - I think we need to mix with the public - ADMINS SHOULD MAKE SURE HERE
    Vent - If we are in social mode then who cares - Is this a social CLAN?? I would like to think so
    Practice - 1-2 times a week as we all play together anyway
    Base Raping - We either live with it or not - Admins have to be on top of it. If that means you have to take time out for admin then so be - otherwise stand down.
    Squad Stacking - We all like to play as a squad - do we make a rule for SoV (3 Sov + 1 Public)??

MAPS

Damavand - cause i miss it Laughing Laughing
    Metro - Everyone loves this map
    Karkand - Another great map
    Seine - Miss this too
    Caspian - Maybe
    Karg - Got to throw this in

Everyone knows I love my Claymore, HEHE. But we need a mix with flying maps and Infantry maps.

Well thats all for now

Cher

Shayne Stalker Twisted Evil
    timojaywee
    timojaywee
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  timojaywee Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 am

great ideas guys!

only thing against stalker would be HUD off.
    im sick of the crosshair and not needing to think about how many rounds you have left.
    adds more challenge to the match. teaches people to reload or take a gamble..

deff keen for BC2 days.. no hud, no map. but i do think 100% health is required, it feels as thou the match is more balanced
    Jimieus
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  Jimieus Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:05 am

SlatoSniper wrote:
    Jimieus wrote:I, personally, believe we should have a server on the GA ladder settings (minus tk'ing) with 64 on the conquest small sizes. Call it something like - AUS & NZ | GA Ladder Settings | 64 on 32

Don't particularly want to reiterate what I said in the other thread (Was in a very bad mood at the time) about GA settings. Whilst it will help us prepare for scrims, practically no one else will see the appeal. Game Arena already have servers with their settings so why should be copy theirs. As you said Jimmy
    I think the key here is to do something original. Copying other servers won't work

With that in mind...

That would be a relevant point except GA Ladder settings ARE NOT the same as gamearena servers... and thus anyone playing in the ladder (40 Clans) WILL see appeal.

Sorry to have to correct you there.
    drzdeano
    drzdeano
    Command Sergeant Major
    Command Sergeant Major

Donator Citation

Post  drzdeano Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 am

summary if u cant be bother reading whole thing

Server settings
    easy...
    dont change settings
    add sov to server name
    add restricted vent access for pub's

People settings harder...
    admins to maintain a balanced environment to play in.
    admins to keep sov's in line.
    sov's to improve attitude/interaction with the public.

the following contains MY opinion which may or may not be the truth but comes from my observations. Ive made serval suggestions here, please judge them on their individual merit.
    I am only trying to improve our server here,nothing else. Dont take it the wrong way.

We need to make a choice on who we want our 'target audience" to be? clanners or pub?
    If we want clanners, then go down the hardcore settings path.(implies less, more skilled players)
    If we want pubs, stick with our original settings(implies more, less skilled players)

If im not mistaken our settings where based on hardcore settings but with the "annoying" settings removed? to make it easier for the pub's.If we want it popluated with pubs then cater to their tastes and continue with that theme. It got us to no.1 rank dont see why they wont get us back there. Nothing has changed that much since B2K?

I dont know the logistics of it but can we open our vent server to the public? with restrictions?
    ill post in another thread about that

I think we should maintain unique identity/reputation, that offers more than your typical bf3 server.(This will also reflect on other clans respect/attitude to us.)
    Are we that ashamed of our server that we do not label it?
    I support adding SoV to server name is it gives us identity.(and respect depending on how we run it, and how sov's behave)

i will use one example of bad behavior. sov's stat padding, yeh i just said that. generally frowned upon worldwide when pub's do it, more so when clanners do it.
    Metro M320 nade launcher, need i say more? I wonder how many people left because of it.
    yes we are making attempts (the script) to fix, but one might say too little too late.

if we sovs are working together in vent(or not) we will rape the pubs. Do we have to shit on them as well?

Admins
    Purpose? to ensure the health of the server. Server admins are supposed to be there to maintain a fair and balance game. For the good of the server not just good of sov's.

Prevent base raping (at ALL times)
    Monitor team stacking
    Prevent misuse of assets
    Ensure "everyone" has an opportunity to play in a fair environment
    Not to engage in immature arguments with pubs. Warn then kick , don't bother argue just do it.
    No tolerance for players abusing players/admin/sov/anyone.
    Keeping SoV's in line with our expected 'mature' behaviors.(this might ruffle some feathers)
    Prevent greifers/trolls (even if they are sov)
    Prevent hackers (not really an issue atm)
    Maintain a relaxed yet clearly defined environment where everyone understands the rules.

Im no angel i have done those things before , im sure everyone has at some point. But now our server is suffering because of it, things need to change.

The lurker-crab has spoken!!! and will now crawl back under his flame proof rock.
    Molarr
    Molarr
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Donator Citation
    Scrim Victory Medal

Post  Molarr Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:17 am

All very well for server settings and name changes but attitudes and ways we play the game on the server has to change, to many times have i came into the server and there is a massive SoV stack on one side, being a random player knowing i will be facing several squads that have vent and talk to each other isn't appealing and will not make the server a place i want to play in.

Also playing against other SoV will improve your skill level I for one love playing against other SoV members get immense satisfaction when i kill a whole squad of SoV on my lonesome Smile.

SoV Server. Ideas for name and settings. Empty Server settings

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 am

Hi - me again

I have to agree with deano

We as SoV should respect the pub and make sure they come back to keep our server populated.

We are definatly getting there.But Admin should make sure all is going well for all.

Cher

Me again Twisted Evil
    Sloshtt
    Private
    Private

Post  Sloshtt Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 am

Th3_Nark wrote:I don't know how popular this idea will be, but maybe losing the tags while in the server apart from maybe Admins?
    People cry like crazy about how SoV is on the same side, but it doesn't seem to matter if its balanced or not, if one side is getting dominated they usually still cry about it (noobs mostly) and it just scares people off seeing all these SoVs up the top constantly.

I would say going softcore settings/normal, 1000-1500 tickets, and a rotation of about 5 maps would be alright, even though I hear you guys say people love metro, ALOT of people don't love metro due to the fact that on packed servers it turns into a boring spawn, run at a choke, get killed, get rez'd and die again kind of map.

I'd say a good rotation might be:
    Metro (maybe)
    Fire Storm
    Wake Island
    Sharqi Pen.
    Karg Island
    Karkand
    Caspian (maybe)

I use to always search for 1000+ tickets and the maps with everything (Jets + Helis).

I think thats a solid map rotation!! I hardly see fire storm anymore and its a really good map. About the admins i think tags or no tags people will still cry about them when they get owned, just one of those things i guess.
    Voltstriker
    Voltstriker
    Admin
    Admin

Scrim Training Medal

Post  Voltstriker Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:49 am

SWStalker wrote:Admin should make sure all is going well for all.
    drzdeano wrote:Prevent base raping (at ALL times)
    Monitor team stacking
    Prevent misuse of assets
    Ensure "everyone" has an opportunity to play in a fair environment
    Not to engage in immature arguments with pubs. Warn then kick , don't bother argue just do it.
    No tolerance for players abusing players/admin/sov/anyone.
    Keeping SoV's in line with our expected 'mature' behaviors.(this might ruffle some feathers)
    Prevent greifers/trolls (even if they are sov)
    Prevent hackers (not really an issue atm)
    Maintain a relaxed yet clearly defined environment where everyone understands the rules.

We try to do all these things, it's just hard to pick up on every single thing. We try our best but after all we are only human.

SoV teamstacking

I for one always try to move myself over to the other team if they are being ansolutely raped. It deters people away from our server if they see SoV all stacked up on the one side. I propose that we should have an even amount on both teams. To help enforce this is it possible to write a script to help balance SoV's? That would help immensely and also make it a fair game.

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:07 am

Jimieus wrote:That would be a relevant point except GA Ladder settings ARE NOT the same as gamearena servers... and thus anyone playing in the ladder (40 Clans) WILL see appeal.

GALDR Test Server - Haven't seen anyone on except us.
    Jimieus
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Scrim Victory Medal
    Scrim Training Medal

Post  Jimieus Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:58 pm

SlatoSniper wrote:
    Jimieus wrote:That would be a relevant point except GA Ladder settings ARE NOT the same as gamearena servers... and thus anyone playing in the ladder (40 Clans) WILL see appeal.

GALDR Test Server - Haven't seen anyone on except us.

How could you? You haven't been looking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 pm